Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Welcome! All about the Paris 2013 Trip

New luggage, passport, and electrical outlet adapters you know what that means...I am less than 24 hours before the flight to Paris! I have been so busy working on my paper this summer I haven't really had time to think about it but now that the time has come I am excited. I thought I would start this blog by going over the basic travel plan.



July 25-August 5th: Paris! We are staying in a lovely flat off of airbnb in the wonderfully diverse neighborhood of La Marais. Not only is the neighborhood centrally located but it is also home to Paris's gay scene and orthodox Jewish population. Staying in an apartment means that we can cook a few meals with fresh ingredients from the Parisian markets and really feel like we are locals.

On the definite list of things we are doing in Paris:

1. The Louvre (Of course) we are planning on a full 10-12 hour day at this amazing gallery
2. The Natural History Museum, Some of the paleontological finds of Cuvier are housed here. A piece of human and earth history
3. The Musee D'Orsay, I have not been to this gallery before and I adore 19th century art
4. Versailles, Sean has never been to Versailles and I have to admit, going at age 13, I didn't appreciate the grand architecture. I remember being disappointed that the castle had little if any furniture. But this time around I am excited to see the gilded ceilings and parquet floors not to mention the grounds,

Beyond that we are looking forward to having picnics in the parks, exploring some of the cool neighborhoods around Paris (Latin Quarter, Saint Germaine, Monmarte, etc).

August 5th-August 13: Nice!  Once again we found apartment accomodations on airbnb. We are staying in the center of Nice. Nice is pretty awesome because aside from being a beach community it is also located within a few hour train or bus ride from Cannes, Monaco, and St. Tropez. This part of our journey will be relaxing at the beach and taking small day trips to explore more of the French Rivera.

I know this trip will be awesome and I will do my best to convey all the wonder, excitement, and flavors of the journey in words and pictures right here on my blog. My goal is to post every couple days and I will remind people I have made a new post via facebook and twitter (once I figure out how to tweet).  I am mrsgoofington on twitter. Also I will go ahead and post the emails from my last trip to give you something to read until I make the next update. See you in a couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment